Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Forgive Them

This is a follow up to a friend of mine's response to my last posting "The Latest Tragedy". He agreed with what I said, but "... just hope[d] they get the bastards, and quick."

One of the hardest things to do when passions are high is to say that victims - and by extension, ourselves - must also forgive the perpetrators of the terrorist acts. The victims will have to do this, otherwise the evil that has been inflicted on them will eventually consume them as it constantly and repeatedly consumes us. You may consider this bullshit or some new-age crap, but really what good is vengeance? It just passes the violence down the line. & if it is justice you are after, well, justice is for the rich. Re-education is not an option, because I don't think we live in a Clockwork Orange world (yet.) There is a dark seed of violence in the heart of man & this was what I was NOT trying to say, because this exposes my own own beliefs/agenda & I was trying to be egalitarian about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment