Sunday, March 10, 2019

I've been warned

So I've been warned.

I did something that started out with good intentions, and ended up possibly worsening a situation. And because of this, I have been warned. That unless I do something, there will be consequences.

I have not been talked to in this manner before by her. I'm not certain I understand how to take it. It seems so dire, and so different. It seems a threshold has been passed, one that I have never tried because I know if I did try it, it would mean something. Something truly serious.

I think I'm going to have to look into the matter further and see if I really made the situation worse. Perhaps I can alleviate the situation, offer some re-assurance. Or assess if there is anything wrong.

Either way, I know I don't like to be addressed in such a manner. But being an adult, I am trying to feel her part of the situation. I'm not certain she will give me the same latitude.

Dealing with a depressed spouse is often a roller coaster ride. It's hard not to want to respond to every thing they lay on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment